Saturday, 3 October
Lambeth Libraries are hosting Fun Palaces on Saturday 3rd October , a day of free fun activities for all ages spanning sciences and the arts. Please support the Durning by coming along to join in an activity – or failing that – to borrow an armload of books, CDs or DVDs.
- Snapper Time -Story and crafts for under fives 10.30-11.30am
- Children’s author Nicolas Allan reading from The Queens Knickers or The Giant’s Loo Roll (You decide) 2.00-2.45pm
- Games Galore – chess, draughts, monopoly, battleships, scrabble and more 2.45-4.30pm
- Bicycle surgery – bring your bike and get it checked out
- Silver Hallmarks identified – bring your silver ware to find out when and where it came from 2-4pm
- Art workshop –Pencil Portraits from photographs – bring some photos of someone or even your pet and create a great portrait 2.30 – 4.30pm
Monday 19 October: Meet Allan Wilmot
Allan is a 90 year old Caribbean author and Lambeth resident who volunteered for the Royal Navy and RAF in World War II and then had a unique career as an entertainer in the rhythm and blues group The Southlanders. In conversation with Mr Arthur Torrington of the Equiano Society and Windrush Foundation, Allan will give an illustrated talk on his new book ‘Now You Know’.
Part of the Celebrating Age Festival and Black History month.
Events are normally held on the third Monday evening in the month.
6.45 for 7.15pm at the Durning Library. Light refreshments. Everyone welcome.
No admission charge, but a £2 donation towards costs is invited.
FUNDRAISING FOR THE FRIENDS OF THE DURNING LIBRARY
After the very successful Table Top Sale on 14 June, where we raised over £250, thanks mainly to Cathy Preece and the Kennington Companions, Cathy has kindly offered to continue selling unwanted books, CDs, DVDs, Blue Rays and Amazon games to help raise funds for us. Please make every effort to support this, either by bringing your donations to the blue bin in the Library or delivering to Cathy direct. Please contact KenningtonCompanions@gmail.com if you wish to do that or have any questions .
DO PLEASE CONTINUE TO DONATE